|MIJO Corporation is home to a blend of specialised divisions (previously individual companies that were acquired by MIJO Corporation), and is known for its technological innovation, and for providing a broad range of audio-video, print, post and interactive services to the advertising, entertainment and broadcast industries.|
MIJO Corporation's previous/old website was not communicating the vision, identity and services of company well:|
(1) Access to and organisation of information of MIJO Corporation and its divisions were confusing.
(2) It was not communicating well to the viewer that, although the divisions (which were previously individual, seperate companies) are still using their respective original company logo and brand ID, MIJO Corporation is the 'mother company' to these companies, now divisions of MIJO.
(3) The old site did not express the forward-thinking and technological innovative approaches exercised by the company.
(1) To develop a unique and interesting online experience for promoting the company's image and information about its divisions and services, while stimulating and engaging the viewer with multimedia elements.|
(2) To rethink 'a Website' of a Corporation, one that provides mainly technological-based services to the Advertising, Entertainment and Broadcast industries.
(3) The site's information content is to be content-manageable by the client via a CMS (Content Management System) to be built as part of the project.
|CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS|
(1) The information of the company and its divisions was structured to be more logical and cohesive and, upon entering the site, the viewer is given option to choose his/her area of interest or profession which will subsequently customise the information content throughout the site based on preset info structures set via the CMS by the client (MIJO).|
(2) The site's information content and its multimedia elements were designed to be cohesive for providing a pleasant, interesting browsing experience to the viewer and for encouraging the viewer to explore further and learn more about the company.
(3) The information content of the site was built to be database-driven; therefore a CMS was built as part of the project. The backend data integration (using Flash Remoting technology) into the Flash site was designed to be/look seamless.
(4) Although the site contains significant amount of multimedia components, the downloading time of the site was programmed to be as minimum as possible. Considerable amount of testing was conducted to make sure that the experience remains seamless and pleasant on machines with average CPU speed and 'slow' high speed internet.
(5) A live-action host character was created for introducing and representing the Company. To create the ideal-looking-and-sounding host character for the project, a model talent and a VoiceOver talent were used and combined.
It was well discussed and subsequently decided with the client (MIJO) that the host would be:|
(1) a female character, in that, if a gender had to be chosen for embodying the idea of 'MIJO Corporation being home (mother) to a number of companies: MIJO's divisions', it would certainly be "female";
(2) interesting and not necessarily ordinary looking, slightly surrealistic even, as the character is purely fictional and representative. Therefore we were inclined to create an andrygenous, futuristic and pleasant looking (female) character.
The search for the 'ideal' female acting talent (short dark hair, sky blue eyes) proved to be very challenging; and so, after more auditions and discussions, we decided to use two talents for creating the host character: a model talent and voice-over talent, which hence involved lip-sync'ing sound work.
From developing ideas on paper to then producing and realising them, the whole process was rather experimental and a learning experience. Ultimately, we believe we have succeeded in:|
(1) creating an engaging, entertaining and interesting online experience for the company's target audience. Making good use of online multimedia technologies, while ultimately promoting the company's image, identity and vision, as well as its various divisions and extensive range of services;
(2) realising a Website which, on one hand, has rich multimedia content and, on the other hand, is built of information content that can be easily managed and updated by the client via a user-friendly CMS;
(3) creating a unique approach to 'a Website for a Corporation'.
|MIJO Corporation Website is an Official Honoree of the 11th Annual Webby Awards|